Black Pepper Hasselback Potatoes
Crisp, delicious, and textured, hasselback potatoes are a fun update of the classic baked potato. These Black Pepper Hasselback Potatoes are sure to impress a dinner party. They are also really fun to eat!
Carefully make slits into your raw potatoes without cutting all the way through. This allows for all of your seasonings to penetrate the potato skin, which perfectly flavors the inside of the potato. Delicious flaky salt, freshly cracked black pepper, garlic powder, and garlic oil coat the potatoes, even inside the little nooks and crannies.
Once the potatoes are seasoned to perfection, they bake in a hot oven for about an hour. Once they come out, the slits have crisped and caramelized in the oven. While it is not fancy, it is recommended you eat these garlicky spuds with your fingers. Dip them into ranch, sour cream, or blue cheese dressing!
Update the classic baked potato! Hasselback potatoes have tons of flavor and texture, unlike any potato you’ve ever had before. Black Pepper Hasselback Potatoes will be your next food obsession.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- ¼ cup garlic-infused extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Flaky sea salt, for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse and scrub the outside of each russet potato. Dry with paper towels.
- Using a sharp knife, slice through each potato 1 centimeter apart, leaving 2 centimeters of space at the bottom. Do not slice all the way through to the bottom!
- Place your sliced potatoes on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the garlic oil, sea salt, cracked pepper, and garlic powder. Rub carefully in between each cut in the potatoes so that the seasonings flavor the entire potato.
- Bake them in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and top with additional flaky sea salt. Serve alone or with your dip of choice.